- Presentation of the course.
- Audience: Bachelor in engineering (computer science orientation),
bachelor in computer science, bachelor in mathematical sciences, master in electrical
engineering, master in bio-informatics and modelling, master in
mathematical sciences, master in geographical sciences.
- Time: Second semester, Thursday morning. The lessons are given from 8:30 to 10:30 and the exercise sessions from 10:45 to 12:45.
- Place: Lessons: room 202 (B7b). Exercise sessions: rooms A2 (B7a) A3 (B7b) and R53 (B4).
Assistant: Baptiste Vergain.
A page dedicated to exercise sessions is available.
- Evaluation: A written exam, and a practical project.
- Additional references about the Java programming language:
List of frequently asked questions.
The transparencies used during the course can be downloaded
. Printed copies are also
distributed by the student union
The course has been recorded in 2020-21. The following video clips are available:
- Clip 1 (introduction),
- Clip 2 (the object-oriented approach).
- Clip 3 (encapsulation),
- Clip 4 (the Java programming environment),
- Clip 5 (variables and methods).
- Clip 6 (control instructions and expressions),
- Clip 7 (messages and instanciation),
- Clip 8 (constructors).
- Clip 9 (object-oriented development methodology),
- Clip 10 (the eight queens problem).
- Clip 11 (inheritance),
- Clip 12 (applications of inheritance).
- Clip 13 (inheritance: object polymorphism, constructors, multiple inheritance),
- Clip 14 (exceptions).
- Clip 15 (packages),
- Clip 16 (cloning).
- Clip 17 (equivalence checking),
- Clip 18 (serialization).
- Clip 19 (genericity: principles),
- Clip 20 (genericity: technical aspects).
- Clip 21 (concurrency: introduction).
- Clip 22 (concurrency: locks and synchronization).
Examples of programs
The subject of the practical project will be announced a few weeks after
the beginning of the course.
The statements of these past exams are available:
- First session, 2013 (French),
- Second session, 2013 (French),
- First session, 2014 (French),
- Second session, 2014 (French),
- First session, 2015 (French),
- Second session, 2015 (French),
- First session, 2016,
- Second session, 2016,
- First session, 2017,
- Second session, 2017,
- First session, 2018,
- Second session, 2018,
- First session, 2019,
- Second session, 2019,
- First session, 2021,
- Second session, 2021,
- First session, 2022.